Thursday 5 June 2014

Ciaté London nail polish review

I wouldn't be lying if I confessed I did an excited little dance this morning when the post arrived. I gleefully signed for the package which came in the most adorable box. I had been waiting on pins for these bad boys, and here is my review as promised.

Firstly, I must comment that not only was the box itself adorable, but the way in which each individual item was carefully sealed within bubble wrap shows that this is a company that goes the extra mile. This is going to sound really sad but, as a beauty fanatic, I couldn't help but line them all up to just soak in their glory.



I soon removed traces of my old nail polish, (Daredevil by Topshop, thank you very much) and set about playing! I layered on the strengthening nail tonic onto my nails but, as it takes time to take work, I am yet to see its effects. 
Top tip: you can use your nail treatment as an undercoat to help for a smoother application and to ensure your nail bed remains healthy.

I then chose the colour mango martini and I am overwhelmed by the results. The colour is luscious and bright, and right on trend after Spring Fashion Week this year. I have to say, wearing 2014's spring must-have is only the cherry atop the gorgeous cake Ciaté have made for me. Not only was the application precise and easy, but you can immediately see the quality in the product. Although expensive, (as one would expect for a high-end nail lacquer) it is definitely worth every penny I paid for it. Whereas most high street brand polishes would feel heavy after the second coat, the layers feel lightweight and have a smooth finish. The orange is bright and faultless, and transfers from bottle to nail perfectly. 



I couldn't resist adding the afterglow topcoat, and I am beyond giddy to see how my nails become luminescent in the dark. I will have to be careful what base colour I use beneath it, however, as it has a glittery lemon-coloured finish which, although perfect for mango martini (albeit softening the colour slightly), will not suit every shade.



Top tip: if purchasing your own Ciaté polishes, check out their loyalty scheme. For every item a number of bows are assigned, each equalling 50p, which will soon add up to give you a lovely chunk off your total when you checkout your basket!

Overall, I am extremely impressed with the Ciaté London products. I believe they are above and beyond any high street brand I have tried previous, and I fully intend to make all future nail lacquer purchases Ciaté purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment