Saturday 28 June 2014

Beauty Haul: Preston

I went shopping for a few miscellaneous beauty products with my friend Sam, and came away with some bargains!

Firstly, I found this Max Factor Colour Correcting stick which is perfect for those with tonal imperfections. I chose Green because I suffer from acne-prone skin. I have found this product perfect to cover blemishes and reduce redness, which I typically get along my T-Zone as a result of hormones (as if being a girl wasn't difficult enough!).










The only weakness I can think of is that it also has an illuminating side-effect, which is great if you are wearing with brightening make-up and want a complexion with a glowing finish. For those matte fans out there, this may not be for you.
In any case, at only £9.99, this is a steal.



My favourite buy of the day was the Soap and Glory Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner pen. I had seen one of my favourite youtuber's Louise, better known as Sprinkle of Glitter, talking about how great this product was and, as a fellow beauty fiend, I had to try it out for myself! I had looked at the reviews beforehand and seen that literally everyone was giving it five out of five stars, and now I know why. It is easily applicable and dries quickly. The lines are clean and you can easily build depending on the look you are going for. I have applied mine in an almond shape to enhance the shape of my eyes and give the illusion of bigger, wider eyes. For £6.00, I am very happy I found this and will definitely be re-purchasing.


I also splashed out on a Natural Collection Solo Eyeshadow in Barley. This summer I am really feeling the neutrals, and this champagne nude has a lovely shimmering finish. Although in a pressed powder form, it applies like a cream. It is currently available in Boots for £1.79.















I have also purchased the Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo eyeshadow. Advertised as lasting for 24 hours, even the most dedicated Maybelline fans would doubt such a bold statement. I have to say, I am happy to be proven wrong. This eyeshadow, cream in texture, applies like a creaseless gel and doesn't transfer throughout the day. It is currently sold at £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug. My shade of choice is Gold Pink.




















I must give a mention to the Chanel counter Sam and I visited to be colour-matched. My match was Chanel Perfection Lumière in Number 12, which has a pinky rather than yellow tone. 

It would be rather amiss of me to not mention the price, which is £36.00 and available from Debenhams. I am going to put this on my birthday wish list, but I am absolutely gaga for it and may have to buy it before then.

 It offers the most coverage of all the Chanel foundations, so it is a full-face make-up. Because it is a high-end make-up brand, the colour is matched perfectly to your skin to give a flawless finish without looking as if you are overly made up. It has a matte finish which is perfect for my oily skin and corrects my blemishes perfectly. It even smells wonderful, and holds for 15 hours. This is my dream product of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment