Saturday 24 May 2014

Spring cleaning of my bookshelf!

There is nothing more calming to me than sitting by my bookshelf, surrounded by all my books. I love the feel of them, their smell, the sound the pages make as I squeeze them together... It is my eternal offering of solace. 
It is so beautiful to me. Although it may appear messy to the stranger - for me, all of my favourite worlds are contained within it. There is no logical order, no alphabetization of author's surname or discernible genre categorization but I know where everything is. I know where a singular book is because I put it there - because it was its place and there was literally nowhere else I could put it where it would more so belong.
Because of its ceaseless beauty to me, I thought I'd share it with you.

My own personal nirvana.
I'm a huge fan of Daphne DuMaurier. I am endlessly inspired by her dreamy prose, and feel a soulful connection with her as we both shared a childhood in the sandy realms of Cornwall.

I collect books with pretty covers.


Alice in Wonderland to me is one such book.


Could the pages possibly be any more enchanting?
My favourite author of all time, Mr. F. Scott Fitzgerald.
"And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
What's on Jenny's bookstand this week:
'Frenchman's Creek' by Daphne DuMaurier
(for the eighth time...)
A cheeky picture of me before the pub last night.
#butfirstletmetakeaselfie

No comments:

Post a Comment