Monday 4 August 2014

New Look: Summer Sale Haul!

Whilst on my summer vacation with my family, I visited the beautiful city of Truro. Being the only city in Cornwall, it is rich in history. The beautiful cobbled streets and the gorgeous cathedral dominate my memories of the enchanting coastal city. It is well worth a visit if ever you are that way.

However, I was fortunate to time my visit with the New Look summer sale. I managed to get myself a few bargains, and here they are!


I purchased this string vest top at a non-sale price, but at £2.99 who can really argue? I already have many in a variety of colours, and I am a fiend for completing any collection I start! Cool white is in this season, and it really sets off a holiday tan.
This pleat mini skirt I picked up for £6.99. It is made of wool but not the scratchy kind (thank goodness!). It is well tailored to fit your frame and feels snug and soft against your skin. I think I will combine this skirt with my black leather jacket and some dark tights come autumn.

This peplum top was a steal at £5.99, and I got an extra £3 for someone's unfortunate smear of foundation along the neckline. I love the colour baby pink, I think it is particularly flattering to a brunette English rose for complementing a warm complexion. The fitting of the top offers an hourglass figure, and  the flared bottom is perfect for hiding any insecurities.

I fell in love with this dress immediately! At a price of only £10, I was more than happy. I have paired the beautiful cream and black dress with polka-heart design with some black over the knee socks (also in the sale for £1.50), which completes my cutesy nerd-chic look.


I have saved the best until last! This gorgeous dress at a staggering £8.99 was my favourite buy of the day. It features a floaty top layer and a more secure under layer but doesn't stick to you or makes you overheat. It features a functional side zip and aesthetic only front zip detail (well, it does work, but I'm not sure you would want it to in public!). The dress has built in cups, so wearing a bra is unnecessary. This ensures no attention is taken away from the spaghetti straps or low back line.

Have you had any luck in the New Look summer sale? I'd love to see your favourite purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment